As I end this second year and embark on year number three, I have a few thoughts to share with you all:
First, I had to laugh when I looked back at the post from last year about my future plans for Sunlit Pages. I've been rather lax, it seems. Take a look:
- Join Twitter. Yes, I joined. And in the last year, I've tweeted 54 times. About once a week. You can tell, I've really caught the vision (haha). I'm still working at it, but if Twitter is your thing, feel free to follow me: @sunlitpages.
- Facebook and Google+. I set up my Facebook page and my Google+ profile . . . and I've done even less with them than with Twitter. You guys, maybe social media just isn't my thing. I keep trying though.
- New look. Sunlit Pages finally got a facelift in January, but it wasn't as complete as I wanted. Still a lot of tweaking to do.
- Learn to use Photoshop. No, not at all. I'm very disappointed in myself.
- Continue reading, writing about, and exploring the world of literature. At least I can answer this one with a resounding YES!!!
- Received review copies of several books. There's nothing quite like getting a free book in the mail. I think I was especially excited when Disney-Hyperion contacted me to ask for a review of Quinny & Hopper. I also loved reviewing Blackmoore, Christmas From Heaven, and Number One Sam. I'm learning how to pace myself so I don't commit to too many reviews at one time. I never want to get so swamped I don't have enough time to read and write about whatever strikes my fancy.
- Wrote my first ever guest post. Last fall, Erica at What Do We Do All Day asked me to write a guest post. She is one of my favorite bloggers, so I was beyond flattered. I wrote about how to help young children love chapter books.
- Started a new series. Last summer, I decided to talk more about ways I was helping my kids develop a love of reading. Thus, the series Raising Readers was born. I try to post on the first Monday of every month.
- Connected with many readers across the country. Thanks for all your comments!
Crafty: Art Worth Wearing (a fun project for Father's Day next month!)
Rant: Borrow, But Don't Read (in which I talked about my outrage over a $29.00 library fee--yikes!)
Nostalgic: An Early Christmas Present (My sentimental side took over when I saw that little train.)
Book Review: Navigating Early by Clare Vanderpool (This was one of my favorite books last year, and I just re-read it this month and loved it just as much.)
Personal: How Do You Forget to Breathe? (I'm still baffled I could forget to write in my journal, but I haven't missed a day since.)
Meeting an Author: Starstruck Over Kate DiCamillo (I'm still so happy I got to hear her speak and talk to her in person. She's awesome.)
Preschool: Walter the Baker (I still love that I was brave enough to let the kids create their own recipe!)
Holiday: Bah Humbug (Yes, I bashed Elf on the Shelf. Perhaps I should do another post about how much I despise the Easter Bunny.)
KidPages: Three Incredible Biographies (I always feel super proud of myself when I find an inspiring biography in picture book form. My kids always wonder why such books make me cry.)
Accomplishment: Reading Goals, End of the Year Report (I may not be able to accomplish all my social media goals, but when it comes to reading goals, that's something I can handle.)
Many thanks to all you loyal and faithful readers of Sunlit Pages. I write for myself but also for you. I'd love it if you'd leave a comment so we can connect!